The Old West Kirk in Greenock has a history of over 400 years, being the first Scottish Presbyterian church to be built after the Reformation in Scotland. For 250 years the Parish Church and for 170 years of these the only church in Greenock.

In 1926 the church, a somewhat cruciform shaped building was moved stone by stone from its original site near the junction of the West Burn with the 'River of Clyd' to its new site at Seafield on the Esplanade.


view from front door of church

The view from our front door.